Comprehensive analysis, planning, and execution of white-hat SEO strategies for OpticsPlanet, an online retailer of shooting, hunting, military, law enforcement, eyewear and laboratory equipment.
OpticsPlanet was recognized as one of the United States Top 500 ecommerce sites by Internet Retailer Magazine and OpticsPlanet is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce companies in Illinois.
With almost 1 million pages over 500 categories of products and 2,500+ brands – Optics Planet is one of the largest e-commerce retail companies in the U.S.
Comprehensive and proactive white-hat search optimization for an international e-commerce company.
A PR 6 website with over 500,000 pages, 400,000 images and 2,500 videos including over 500 brands, 2,500+ categories, and over 30,000 pages on Google’s first page.
Creating custom and auto-generated content through creative writing, page template improvement, spinner content and utilization of custom PHP-based enterprise CMS.
Wrote Skyscraper content for “How to Choose a Backpack” An 11 page guide to backpack features, materials, fitting, and customizing your backpack.
Wrote a Gun Glossary + Shooting Definition List of over 200 words.
1. Conduct competitive research and detailed marketing research for qualified sites
2. Create customized email template
3. Conduct outreach using white-hat email marketing
4. Test effectiveness of email campaign and continuously improve
Majestic, SEMRush, AHREFS, Screaming Frog, Google Analytics, Search Console, Advanced MS Excel, SPLUNK, BuzzStream, Easy Email for Outlook, and more.
Resources for SEO best practices include MOZ, Search Engine Watch, Search Engine Journal, KissMetrics and more.
Storiale Consulting was the first company to exclusively serve Nonprofit Think Tanks in the United States including Heartland Institute, Sagamore Institute and Hudson Institute simultaneously.
Later, I expanded to other large nonprofit organizations and then small and medium private companies.
I managed over 40 website and marketing projects from 2003-2014. My list of clients include large direct marketing companies, private businesses, large nonprofit organizations and government websites.
Nonprofit Organizations and Associations
Project Management for Vanguard Technology (Jan 2014-June 2014)
– The Association of Bone and Joint Surgeons
– Cruise Lines International Association
– Preventive Cardiovascular Nurses Association
– The National Community Pharmacists Association (2 websites)
– The National Business Incubation Association
– National Merit Scholarship Corporation
Storiale Consulting (2003-2014)
– Hudson Institute (14 micro-sites)
– Heartland Institute
– Sagamore Institute
– Faith and Services Technical Network
– Center on Economic Progress
– Center on Faith in Communities
– Elevate Urban Youth
– Esperanza Community Services
Private Companies and Small Businesses
– Bader Company (insurance)
– Artist Craftsman Supply (art supply)
– Orlowsky & Wilson, Ltd (law firm)
– Friedman Partners (consulting)
– Symmetry Counseling (health)
– Kroshus Consulting (consulting)
– Clarity Partners (consulting)
– Alice Padrul (fashion)
– AMS Direct (direct marketing)
– Carleton Sheets
– Bankruptcy Insurance Solutions (insurance)
– Spitzer Internet Strategy Group (marketing)
– Geringer Global Travel
– Bidtopia (auction)
– SD3 Corporation (application development)
The Chicago Public Library (The largest public library in the world)
I began my first day with only a homepage design and 2 great programmers and designers to make the website overhaul occur. We overhauled the 600 page site, enhanced the coding from HTML to .NET, added several inter-departmental content management features, migrated all the content and launched the site in 4 months (1 day early). This, while most daily website updates and site management took place without delay.
Conducted Usability studies on Alanet.org consisting of member and non-member user-studies, analytics and a brief survey of members. Post launch responses consistently indicated greater than 95% improvement in design, professionalism, navigation findability and usability.
Along with planning and executing the project, while migrating content, the team updated the SEO of the site with my training and direction. Hundreds of first page Google resulted in less than 6 weeks. [Legal Management] along with over 100 related keywords are still in the top 5 for ALA on Google.
Planned and executed the overhaul of Regional Conference & ALA’s Premier Annual Conference registration from paper PDFs and online PDF submission to custom online registration forms with multiple audiences and multi-day events. We cut the registration process time from literally 20 minutes to less than 4 minutes. We also integrated the e-commerce registration and payment with ALA Accounting and Event teams for more efficient registration processes.
Conceived of and conducted research on the replacement of the ALA Portal from a paid site feature to a stand-alone secondary site. Total savings to date: over $250,000
In four months we rebranded Hudson Institute’s online presence + 14 micro-sites under the same umbrella, reprogrammed 5 active sites and converted to a new custom content management system. We integrated an E-commerce bookstore, e-commerce donor and membership center, Quarterly E-Zine called American Outlook and created that CMS to be scalable and long lasting. The Hudson CMS was used for 11 years saving Hudson Institute well over $200,000 in proprietary CMS and Portal fees.
Held Vigil over this precious project until 2007 as the Website Project Manager. Conducted project management and content management for dozens of Hudson projects from 2001-2007.
Hudson Institute is a 501(c)(3) organization financed by tax deductible contributions from private individuals, corporations, foundations, and by government grants.
Revolutionized the Distance Education Department at PERI, Inc. in less than 2 years.
I had the pleasure of creating 4 comprehensive online pharmaceutical education courses that are still being sold today (13 years later) All courses are between 8-16 contact hours. When I began, there was 1 poorly created course called Good Clinical Practices. I changed that site to be interactive and user-friendly. Then I created 3 more courses single-handedly in less than 18 months.
– Conducted instructional design, programming, interactivity, and Learning Management System (LMS) implementation
– Worked with and communicated extensively with MDs and PhDs as subject matter experts
– Project Leader on website overhaul from static to dynamic site utilizing Coldfusion and SQL Server 2000 and served on marketing team for successful logo redesign and implementation
The Pharmaceutical Education and Research Institute, Inc. (PERI) is an independent not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to providing scientific and technical continuing education.
Courses are designed to educate people in the biopharmaceutical sector on the global regulations and methods relating to the development, clinical evaluation and post marketing surveillance of drugs, biologics, and other medical products.
The 3rd Infantry Regiment’s mission is to conduct memorial affairs, ceremonies and special events to represent the U.S. Army to America and the World.
During my time with the Old Guard:
– I performed over 850 missions in and around the Washington D.C. area including Arlington National Cemetery, The Capitol Building, and The White House
– Trained and managed team of 6 soldiers to perform military duties, conduct inspections, monthly and quarterly counseling sessions.
– Won the distinguished MayTeps Award, signaling the best squad in The Old Guard, 1997.
– Trained 4 soldiers and 1 lieutenant for the Army 10 miler in 1998…everyone finished in less than 1:15:00.
AWARDS & DECORATIONS
1 Army Commendation Medal, 1 Good Conduct Medal, 2 Army Achievement Medals, 3 Certificate of Achievements, and 1 Order of Hamby.
U.S. ARMY HONOR GUARD
The 3rd United States Infantry Regiment is the oldest regiment of the United States Army, distinguished members include Lewis & Clark. The Old Guard currently has three active battalions, and is readily identified by its nickname, “The Ceremonial Unit and Escort to the President”
The regiment’s mission is to conduct memorial affairs to honor fallen comrades and ceremonies and special events to represent the U.S. Army, communicating its story to United States citizens and the world. On order, it conducts defense support of civil authorities in the National Capital Region and deploys elements in support of overseas contingency operations.
PM 430 – Fundamentals of IT Project Management
PM 440 – Collaborative Technologies for Leading Projects
PM 556 – Enterprise Project Management
PM 577 – IT Portfolio Management and Strategies
Activities and Societies: Two Jobs + Getting Master’s Degree + Taking Care of my Daughter
Passed the PMP exam the first time.